Fontenelle Forest Photo Club Meeting Minutes
- Welcome by Past President: Phil Mininni
- Attendees: 22
- New members: One new visitor and potential member-Jacob Coso
- Input from current officers and committee members and helpers:
Photo Display Organizers- Judy and Frank Dye: Still looking for monument photos.
Treasurer- Kathleen Crawford-Rose: Treasurer’s report: $1178.59. No expenses or income. Still need to payout receipts for anything purchased for the clubs Christmas potluck (cups, plates, utensils, etc.). Ribbons for our photo contest coming up were purchased.
Brent Headley (helps webmaster and with video at meetings and other volunteering: Out of town
Secretary- Mary Headley: Out of town. Sue Mininni is filling in.
Photo Contest Organizer: Donna Gray with help from Terry and Donna Turner: Phil will post the dates again on the website. Jay Davis may be our judge again. Donna’s team will confirm. June 10th we will put up photos and judging will be the week of June 15th. We are a little late this year due to events booked at Bellevue University that conflicted with our contest.
Webmaster- Phil Mininni
- Old Business: We will no longer have a use for the photo racks for our photo displays. The forest will take them over.
- New Business: Members were asked for a theme for our first photo display in our new Gallery and a plan on how to display them. Two suggestions were “Spring in the Forest” and “Fontenelle Forest Tree Species”.
It was suggested we either run the meeting year-round or instead of taking July and August off take Jan and Feb off when there is more of a chance of cancellation due to the weather. Kathleen will run those months by Emily (Forrest) to see if they are available for us.
Our April Meeting speaker will be Mike Benkis. He may be able to set us up with an outside visit at the zoo after hours like a Saturday morning at 8am or at sunset and also at the Safari Park. Kathleen will call Pam Eby at the zoo to discuss.
The Dyes (Frank and Judy) have moved into an independent living facility and therefore will be hosting an online auction of items they were unable to take with them. The information will be posted on our website soon.
- Our Speaker/Program tonight was Albert Rhea talking about Bird Photography.
- No treats were provided.
Submitted by: Sue Mininni (filling in for Club Secretary Mary Headley)