President Peter Carbonell called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm. About 18 members were in attendance.
- The Omaha Audubon Society, with the help of Alex Wiles, is organizing a guided trip in Costa Rica from May 27th to June 3rd. The $2100 cost of the trip covers hotels, ground transportation, all meals, travel insurance and guides. If anyone is interested they can speak to Alex at our next meeting.
- The annual Photo Club Photography Contest is coming up. Donna Gray is the Contest Coordinator this year. Set up will be on Saturday, May 27th at 10 am at the Bellevue University Humanities Building. Our June meeting will be held in the Bellevue University Humanities Building auditorium. During the meeting the contest winners will be announced and our judge will provide a critique of every photo submitted. The contest will be then be taken down at 10 am on Saturday June 24th. To view the contest guidelines, click here .
- It was also mentioned during the meeting that if anyone is interested in entering other contests, they should check out the various state fairs. Many state fairs have photography contests and accept entries from individuals that aren’t residents from that state.
- Photo Display – Judy is currently collecting photos for the February display. Subjects for February are red and frozen. The next photo collection will be in May and the subjects for that month will be graffiti and flowers.
Remember to add your name, the subject and the location on the back of each photo you submit. The photos can be 8×10, 8×12 or 11×14. No mattes or frames please.
- Dues – If you have not done so already, please pay your club dues at the next meeting. Club dues are $20 for a family or $12 for an individual.
- Free classes at Rockbrook Camera – The Rockbrook Camera Legacy Store will be holding free mini-classes every Saturday mornings at 9 am to 9:45 am from January 28th to March 18th. For more information, click here.
Presentation – Photography Tips & Tricks by Peter Carbonell
- A presentation was provided to the group regarding several topics that should be of interest to all photographers. We discussed the effects of lens filters, JPEG vs Raw file formats and how to read a histogram.
- To see a copy of the Powerpoint presentation used in the discussion, please click here.
Our next club meeting will be held on Thursday, February 16th at 7 pm at the Fontenelle Forest Nature Center. For our presentation we will have a visit from Tim Wright of Timmy’s Treehouse Print Studio. Tim will talk to the group all about photo printing and the printing business. It should be a very informative & interesting meeting!
Please let me know if there are any questions.
President & Webmaster
Fontenelle Forest Photography Club