President Alex Wiles opened the meeting at 7 pm in the Forest Room of the Fontenelle Forest Nature Center. There were approximately 30 people in attendance. Initial comments consisted of the following:
- Alex Wiles introduced himself to the group and provided some background on himself.
- The Omaha Audubon Society is leading a trip to Belize in March. Cost for the 9 day trip is just under $2000 and includes all food, housing and transportation in Belize. Airfare to and from Belize will need to be paid separately. Alex is organizing the trip so if you are interested you should contact Alex.
- Photo Display
- The club photo display is being moved from its current location to the main hall and will be mounted on the wall. In order to be in compliance with the Forest’s marketing plan, all photos being displayed in the Nature Center will have to be nature based. This does not affect the photos that we will continue to display at the Bellevue Library.
- The subject for the photos collected during the meeting was Hoofstock (deer, bison, goats, etc…) and Faces in Nature.
- The subjects for photos being collected for the next display session will be Architecture for the Bellevue Library and Bark (as in tree bark) for the forest.
- Winning photos from the club photo contest were available to pick up and all collected!
- Treasurer’s Report – Current club account balance is approximately $1200. Kathleen Crawford-Rose is collecting dues for this club year. So if you haven’t done so already, please remember to pay your dues at the October meeting. Dues remain at $12 for an individual or $20 for a family. You must also have a current Forest membership.
- The sign-up sheet for the monthly club meeting treats was passed around.
- Two new members were introduced to the group.
- A member mentioned attending a photographic workshop this summer at the Crane Trust near Alda, NE where they were able to photograph the genetically pure bison herd that are maintained there. The Crane Trust offers several photography workshops throughout the year. For more information check out https://cranetrustexcursions.org/workshops/
Pete Carbonell conducted a slideshow of the favorite summer photos taken by our club members.
Next month’s meeting will be at the Forest Nature Center on October 19th at 7 pm and will consist of a presentation by our own Jay Davis on studio based nature stills. Jay will also have stations set up where members can try their hand at some of the techniques discussed by Jay, so be sure to bring your photography gear for this informative and interactive meeting.
If there are any questions or comments, please send them to the club email at email@example.com.
Fontenelle Forest Photography Club