The culmination of our club year is fast approaching. The annual club photo contest set up at the Bellevue University Gallery is scheduled for Saturday, May 25th at 10 am. Here are the guidelines for this year’s contest.
Guidelines for the 2019 Annual Fontenelle Forest Nature Association
Photography Club Show
Bellevue University Gallery – Humanities Building
Hello to All Fontenelle Forest Nature Association Photo Club Members:
Set – Up – Saturday, May 25, 2019, 10:00 AM
Critique and Awards Presentation – Thursday, June 20, 2019, 7:00 to 9:00 PM
Take Down – Saturday, June 29, 2019, 10:00 AM
Questions – Contact: Donna Gray – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who: Any member in good standing of the Fontenelle Forest Nature Association Photo Club. Prints can be color or black and white. Prints that have been previously designated as award winners – including honorable mention at previous FFNA club shows are not eligible for entry.
We ask that members remember that we are sponsored by a nature association and as such the photographs we show represents that organization to our members and the general public. The show contest coordinator and current President of the club reserve the right to remove an entry not following the rules set forth in the category descriptions below.
“Novice Class”: This is open to club members who have NOT won a first, second or third place in any individual category, or Overall Show award in prior years’ photography club shows.
“Advanced Class”: This is open to club members who have won a first, second or third place in any individual category, or an overall show award in the prior years’ photography club shows.
No exceptions for class designation. If any member new or old feels they belong in the advanced class, they are welcome to enter their photos into this class.
- Scenic/Landscape: Continental US, outside continental US, any nature themed image where the focus or subject IS NOT manmade objects, including urban, city, pets, and Humans. Must be a nature based photo taken by a club member.
- Animals: Any living creature, wild or domesticated, including pets. Not humans.
- Flora: A photo where the following are the main subject of the photo. Any flower, plant or tree.
- Anything Goes: (Combined category – Novice & Advanced)
Any photograph not meeting the requirements of the 3 categories listed above. Also, any photo that is over enhanced or un-naturally manipulated will be entered into this category.
* Photos may be moved to another class up to the point of judging for awards if the Contest Judge, Photo Contest coordinator or club president feel an entry was categorized incorrectly at check-in. These contest rules are their guide, and any corrections to classification are final.
How to Present Your Prints
- Printed presentations are to be either framed (wood, metal or plastic frames) with or without a mat or printed on a metal or matboard surface. A wire hanger must be attached to the back.
- Size of frame: Minimum outside dimension of the shortest side of the presentation will be shorter than 5 inches, maximum outside dimension of the longest side of the presentation will be no longer than 25 inches.
- Entries that are presented with no glass or Plexiglas are accepted at the entrant’s risk for damage by print handlers/displayers.
- Each entry is required to have the Photographer’s name, address, and phone number on the back of each photo.
- Contestants may enter up to 4 print presentations into the show. The contestant is responsible for deciding which category to place entry(s). (One in each category or all in one category or any combination you desire.) Contest coordinator and club president have final say of excepting entry or on category classification at time of set-up. The Judge may also move a photo to another category at the time of judging.
- Entry Cards (White) for Novice, (Yellow) for Advanced, (Blue) for Anything Goes will be available starting at the April Club meeting. Contestants will need to complete entry cards prior to arriving at the show set-up.
In each Class and category: First, Second, and Third Place (18 Ribbons)
Anything Goes Category: First, Second, and Third Place (Combined Classes) (3 Ribbons)
Overall Show Awards: Best of Show – all classes, all categories
Public Choice – all classes, all categories
Club Members Choice – – all classes, all categories
Best Black and White – all classes, all categories
Best Photo Taken at Fontenelle Forest (Must designate on entry card)
Total of 26 Ribbons to be awarded at this Year’s Show!
All first and second place winners and overall show winners will be displayed at the Bellevue Public Library over the summer months and returned at our first club meeting in September.
All winning photos will be displayed on the Fontenelle Forest Photography Club’s Website.
Last revised on 03/05/2018