Meeting was called to order by President Frank Comisar who introduced new members and visitors.
- Our December 20th meeting will be a potluck dinner with a PowerPoint show and tell of member’s photos. The club will provide an entrée plus soft drinks, coffee and tea. Members should bring a side dish, or dessert, table service and any special drinks desired. Significant others will enjoy this non-technical evening. Please RSVP to Kathleen (email@example.com) by December 17th if you plan to attend have haven’t already signed up. Each member should Email up to three of their favorite photos of the past year by December 14th.
- Judy Dye needs photos of Birds (for the Forest) and Cemeteries (for the Bellevue Library) for our upcoming photo displays. Please bring unframed, unmated 8 x 10 or 11 x 14 prints to the January and February meetings. Be sure to label the prints with your name and subject, especially the location of the cemetery photos.
- Frank C. displayed a photo that had been printed on an aluminum sheet. Check out web site of Bay Photo for details about Metal Prints.
- Frank C. introduced the new Fontenelle Forest Photo Club web site at http://www.fontenelleforestphotoclub.org/. We are beginning to transition all club notifications from individual e-mails to blog postings on the web site. On your first visit to the site, please “subscribe” by visiting any page (except home page) and enter your preferred e-mail address and click SUBSCRIBE. By subscribing, you will automatically receive an e-mail notification each time a new post is created on the web page. We plan to begin providing meeting reminders and other communications through blog postings on the web site so it is it is very important to be a subscriber to stay informed.
- Frank C. is going to be in Sarasota, Florida on February 13-15. He has chartered a boat to do some bird photography. He is looking for a couple of folks to join him and share the expense of the $650.00 charter fee. Contact him if you are interested at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jeff Kurrus, an editor for Nebraskaland Magazine, presented a PowerPoint program on tips for starting a portfolio of one’s photographs and what types of photographs magazines are looking for. As the author of the children’s book, HAVE YOU SEEN MARY?, Jeff also shared his experiences writing the book and collaborating with photographer Michael Forsberg on selecting the photos to illustrate it.
Submitted by Kathleen Crawford-Rose