Allen Kurth, president, opened the meeting by welcoming guests, new members and 2014 Officers:
- President: Allen Kurth
- Vice President: Alan Brodin
- Secretary: Heather Ingraham
- Treasurer: Kathleen Crawford-Rose
Allen reviewed the results of the recent member survey. In response to the survey results, Allen also discussed plans for:
- A new meeting format that includes more social interaction and review/critique of monthly challenges.
- Member forum, a new feature on the web page, that will be a place for members to:
- Share photos
- Share photography information and tips
- Ask questions
- Buy and sell equipment
- Participate in monthly challenges (see below)
- Informal workshops (see Member Forum)
- And more
- Monthly challenges are intended to provide photo opportunities, learning opportunities, and meeting interaction. Each month a new three-part challenge will be selected. Members may participate in one, two, or all three parts of the challenge by posting and commenting on the Member Challenge forum (Member forum). This month’s challenge:
- Subject Matter = Texture
- Photography technique = one-second or longer shutter speed
- Camera technique = On-camera flash
- Photography display: Judy Dye requested “Texture” prints for display at the Forest. Prints must be 8×10, 8×12, or 11×14 and unmatted and unframed. Bring your prints to the October meeting.
- Annual dues are now due. If you have not already paid your dues, please pay Kathleen at the next meeting.
- Frank Comisar announced Scenic Aperture’s 2014 Photography Workshop schedule.
After the business meeting, Doug French provided an outstanding presentation and demonstration on HDR photography.