June 15, 2013, Nature Photography Day
The eighth annual Nature Photography Day will be observed nationally on Saturday, June 15. This day was designated by NANPA to promote the enjoyment of nature photography, and to explain how images have been used to advance the cause of conservation and protect plants, wildlife, and landscapes locally and worldwide.
Click here for more info . . .
So far, their are over 80 votes for the People’s Choice Award! Numerous photos have recieved votes and their is no clear cut winner as of today. (Monday, June 10th) Tell your family, friends & co-workers about the show and encourage them to go and view the photos and place a vote for their favorite. The Winner will be announced on June 20th at our 7pm Photo Club Meeting held at Bellevue University. There is another vote that night for the Members choice award. So, two more ribbons to be awarded at our last meeting of the summer. I encourage everyone to attend the meeting to hear Darreld’s critique of our photos and to also vote for your favorite photo!
See everyone Thursday, June 20th at 7 PM. @ the Humanities building at BU.
Adobe announced LightRoom 5 today. Here is a link to an eBook that purports to be “everything you need to know about the LightRoom 5 upgrade”. It is only $5.
We want to freshen up our web site by posting winning images from our recent photography contest on the home page slide show. All 1st, 2nd, 3rd place and all special category winners are eligible to be included. If you would like your winning photo included, please e-mail it to Frank Comisar no later than Saturday, June 8th. Prepare your files for the web as follows:
- File type: JPG
- File name: your_name-image_title.JPG
- Resolution: 72dpi
- Size: 1200 px on longest side
- Color space: SRGB
Don’t worry if you don’t understand the file spec above. I’ll adjust any file if necessary but you’ll save me considerable time if you do it before you submit.
Also, while I’m on the topic of web site update, please remember:
- All members in good standing are eligible to have an on-line image portfolio on the club’s web site. If interested, contact Frank Comisar for details.
- All members in good standing are eligible to have a link to their own web site placed on the club’s home page. Let Frank Comisar know if you have one you would like included.
- If you have any relevant information you would like to distribute to the club, the web site is the best vehicle. Send Frank Comisar the info for posting to the blog ASAP.
- Let Frank Comisar know if you become aware of any photography related event or cool photo shoot opportunity so it can be included on our on-line calendar.
See you all on June 20!
The results are in for the 2013 Annual Photo Contest of the Fontenelle Forest Photography Club. We had over 90 submissions from over 25 members. The overall quality of work was tremendous. Thanks to our judge, Derrald Farnsworth-Livingston of Journey of Light Photography for his thoughtful critique. Derrald will be present at our June 20 meeting to offer his thoughts on all the submissions.
Here are the official results:
- 1st place Nick Hildenbrandt “Great Blue Heron”
- 2nd place Heather Ingraham “Great Egret Chicks”
- 3rd place Judy Dye ” Majestic”
- 3rd place Heather Ingraham“Tufted Titmouse“
- 1st place Frank Dye “Tranquil”
- 2nd place Robert May “Poppies”
- 3rd place Awarded in Animal Category
- 1st place Dick Keefe “Frosty”
- 2nd place Robert May “Gene Leahy Mall”
- 3rd place Alan Brodin “Minnehaha Stream”
- 1st place Doug French “Beach Stroller”
- 2nd place Frank Comisar “Tired Mom”
- 3rd place Frank Comisar “Navaho Horse”
- 1st place Sue Mininni “Orange in Bloom”
- 2nd place Frank Comisar “Pinon Tree”
- 3rd place Jim Hughes “Raindrops on Roses”
- 1st place Doug French “Alberta Falls”
- 2nd place Essie Grill “Bryce Canyon”
- 3rd place Doug French “Outdoor Theater”
- 1st place Alan Brodin “Buddy”
- 2nd place Doug Watson “The Old Clock Maker”
- 3rd place Kathleen Crawford Rose “Petra”
Best of Show: Dick Keefe “Frosty”
Best Black and White: Frank Comisar “Thunderstorm Over Mittens”
Best Fontenelle Forest: Lonny Holman “Nap Time”
People’s Choice: To Be Determined June 20th
Member’s Choice: To Be Determined June 20th
Thanks to Nick H for bringing his camera (what a novel idea) and sharing his images of the the contest setup on Saturday. We have over ninety images by twenty-six club members on display at Bellevue University’s Humanities Building. Awards will be announced on Wednesday, June 5th. Stay tuned.
A cell phone was found at the Bellevue University Humanities Building after our photo hanging session this morning. If it is yours, you may retrieve it from BU security.
From: Kathleen Crawford-Rose
Date: June 1, 2013
Topic: FNA Photo Club Exhibit
The Fontenelle Forest Photography Club will have an exhibit of photographs at the Bellevue University Art Gallery in the Humanities Building gallery from June 1st through June 29th .
This exhibit will contain the photos from our annual contest and show. The photographs cover a wide variety of subjects including scenic views, flowers, birds, butterflies, and animals. The exhibit contains over 90 photographs by 25 different photographers. The viewing public is invited to vote on their favorite photograph.
Participating photographers include: Alan Brodin, Frank Comisar, Kathleen Crawford-Rose, Jay Davis, Frank Dye, Judy Dye, Doug French, Pete Fried, Essie Grill, Ryan Harris, Nick Hildenbrandt, Lonny Holman, Jim Hughes, Heather Ingraham, Pat Keefe, Dick Keefe, Jason Keel, Robert May, Phil Mininni, Sue Mininni, Rich Ryan, Eric Scholar, Todd Utter, Tracy Utter, and Doug Watson.